Sr. Full Stack Developer (.NET)
CI Design (CID) is looking for an exceptional individual for our development team. You will be primarily responsible for the development and configuration of websites, web apps, CMS, and eCommerce systems. We are a thirty-year-old, growing, profitable, and creative design studio producing print, web, interactive, apps, videos, AR/VR, and more.
We are looking for
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- 10 years of Kentico experience.
- A team player with solid development foundations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivation, smarts, and creativity to help you to work independently or collaboratively, prioritizing tasks and maintaining deadlines.
We expect you to have
- Background in the .NET (C#) tech stack with strong experience in backend code.
- Development experience in a CMS or eCommerce platform (Umbraco, Kentico, Sitecore, Orchard, etc.).
- Advanced understanding of databases (MSSQL, MySQL, No-SQL, etc.), and able to create db schemas and security protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to both interact with and develop web services and APIs, (REST, GraphQL).
- Experience with web hosting environments, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Solid understanding of deployment & hosting via cloud solutions (Azure or AWS), and some familiarity with DevOps processes.
- Experienced with Software Architecture design and best practices, and able to design the complete architecture of a complex web app.
- Advanced understanding of an entire application lifecycle and ability to create and extend complex functionality to applications.
- Experience with user authentication, security, and data protection.
- Ability to integrate UI elements developed on the front-end with server-side logic.
- Ability to implement automated testing and unit tests.
- Experience with modern CSS.
- Previous hands-on development with at least one front-end framework (React, jQuery, Angular, VueJs, Svelte, Bootstrap, NodeJS, Compass, etc.).
- Capability to demonstrate responsive or mobile-first design techniques.
- Ability to take a mockup or design comp. and implement a UI that reasonably reflects it.
- Knowledge of handling compatibility between browsers (Chrome, Safari, Edge/IE, etc.).
- Mastery of development fundamentals (skills, languages, thinking).
- Ability to lead medium and large-size projects, performing hands-on development as well as coordinating work done by other developers.
- Comfort acting as a primary technical interface to clients throughout the sales and implementation cycles.
- Experienced in professional communication both written and verbal.
- Ability to estimate accurately and contribute to proposal/SOW writing.
- A history of working in a collaborative environment and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated history of team mentoring and coaching, and helping junior developers discover their true potential.
- Possess advanced skills (specialty, architecture, integration, database design).
- A knack for solving problems, brainstorming, and can R&D fairly complex issues.
- Pride in your work and a talent for spotting issues and inefficiencies a mile away.
- Comfort with group estimating and a willingness to voice an opinion “against the grain.”
- A love of learning and a willingness to learn new things and share them, contribute to technology innovation and provide mentoring to other team members.
- A future technology leader who is dynamic and passionate about what they do and is seeking professional growth.
- Familiarity working with code repositories and check-in, pull request, and merge processes (Git or AzureDevOps).
- Visual Studio power user.
- Experience with DB tools (SSMS, DataGrip, MySQLWorkbench, etc.).
- Project use of agile tracking tools (AzureDevOps, JIRA).
Would be great if you had:
- Experience in Progressive Web Apps or cross-platform technology (Xamarin, Cordova, etc.).
- Some exposure to other tech stacks (PHP, Java).
- Knowledge of basic developer SEO fundamentals.
- Experience in an agency environment and culture.
- Familiarity with developing as part of an Agile team (SCRUM, SAFe, Kanban, etc.) and interacting with tracking tools like AzureDevOps or JIRA.
- Knowledge of reporting or business intelligence tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.).
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Challenging, innovative, and authentic work environment
- Cool workspace in the city’s Third Ward creative hub
- Casual environment with a relaxed dress code
- Hybrid workplace
- Work/life management — when we say “no churn and burn,” we mean it
- Space for personal and family life
- Summer hours
- Work with modern technology and toys
- Fun, collaborative, and aspirational teammates
- A-list clients and challenging projects
- Quarterly career development/goal planning and a voice in defining your role
- Room for your unique talents and creative input
- Position "leveling-up" in lock-step with demonstrated skills
- Paid time off for DEI activities/reflection/celebration
- Paid parental leave
- Community outreach opportunities
- A six-time, award-winning Best Place to Work employer
- And, all the things:
- Paid parking
- Paid holidays (9) and universal time off
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance with company share of premiums
- Paid short-term disability insurance
- Well-being program
Here’s a bit more about us:
CI Design is a creative marketing & technology agency with a unique approach driven by story, strategy, and activation. Our services include Branding, Digital Marketing, Web/App/AR/VR software development, and Video. Our headquarters is in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward, and we’ve been named a Best Place to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023.
CI Design is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org