Director, Development Services
Role & Duties
CI Design is looking for a Director of Development Services to join our amazing agency team. This is a leadership position where you will direct our Development practice (Web, App, AR/VR) while working alongside executive leadership and staff. The Director, Development Services will craft processes, lead and continue to grow our talented Development team and define the technology standards that will continue to provide leading solutions for our clients. You will support and enhance our highly productive, fun and respectful team and workplace culture. We are a three-time Best Places to Work Award Winning creative design studio dedicated to delivering branding, digital marketing, web/app development, video and more.
Here's the role:
The Director, Development Services is a leader practitioner who inspires by example. You are the go-to expert on all matters development and related technology within CID. You will be involved in sales as the face and knowledge holder of the CID development team and along with Team Leads, serve as a primary strategist on projects. The Director, Development Services strategizes and leads, in collaboration with the Executive Leadership team, the development of the Development Services practice within CID, ensuring team progress is monitorable and reportable.
Here's what we'd like your skill set to include:
- 6-10 years of development group leadership
- Proven experience with hiring, inspiring and growing team members
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of modern development languages, frameworks and design patterns including those under the Microsoft, LAMP tech stacks and Microservices Architecture. Agile development management experience is required, leveraging tools such as the Atlassian Suite or TFS.
- Comfort communicating professionally and confidently with clients, leading conversations and recommending appropriate solutions
Here's what you'll do:
- This is a management position, you will lead, with Human Resources support, team member reviews and insights on opportunities for growth
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members. Work closely with individuals on day to day topics fielding immediate communication, addressing outstanding issues, brainstorming solutions
- Providing ad hoc training as well as guidance on team members’ ongoing daily training
- Be a part of opportunity/pre-sales response teams consistently, leading the recommendations for technical approach and components.
- Be part of the sales presentation team to represent the CID development group and present client solutions.
- Collaborate with the Executive Leadership to assist in the execution of department initiatives
- Research and test new platforms or technology
- Remain current on industry happenings and practice through research of trends, techniques, platforms etc. and sharing knowledge with the team
- Ensure departmental quality standards
- Lead efforts for the development, consistency and quality assurance of department deliverables
- Coordinate cross-departmentally to increase awareness and understanding of our offerings
- Work closely with team members to maintain expertise. Identify gaps in team knowledge and actively seek to correct
Here's what you'll get:
- A full-time position with market competitive pay
- Casual work environment
- Strong work/life balance
- Flexibility around personal & family needs
- Paid parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Health and Dental plans with company sharing premiums
- 401K program
Here's a bit more about us:
CI Design is a creative marketing agency with a unique approach driven by story, strategy, and activation. Our services include Branding, Digital Marketing, Development and Video. Our headquarters is in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward, and we’ve been named a Best Place to Work in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
CI Design is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This is a full-time, salaried position.