Content Specialist / Copywriter
We need a lover of words.
Someone who thinks in headlines, taglines, and paragraphs of meaningful content that works in ads, in video, on the web and more.
CI Design is looking for a Content Specialist/Copywriter. This role is a key member of our Digital Strategy team, but you’ll collaborate frequently with Design, Dev, UX and Video, too (basically the whole gang). You’ll pair your love of words with client objectives to craft thoughtful, creative content that connects our clients with their audiences through multiple channels.
Here's what you'll do
- Account and team support activities as designated by the Director of Digital Strategy
- Contribute to the development of goal-driven content strategies that encompass editorial voice, content needs, channel selection, and distribution
- Write informed, brand-appropriate content for marketing campaigns, websites, social media, direct mail, and other efforts
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop and execute a variety of content marketing materials
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders
- Engage with Clients as necessary
Here's what we'd like your skill set to include:
- Must be a good writer. (This one’s critical.)
- Experience creating or contributing to content strategies, preferably in an agency setting
- The ability to read, understand, and then write about content on a variety of topics.
- Understanding of content and content marketing as it can be applied to customer journeys and life cycles
- Experience with audience research, persona development and customer journey map creation
- Ability to interact professionally and confidently with the internal team and our clients
- Solid understanding of SEO, SEM and other digital marketing strategies preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with proven ability to work independently or collaboratively, prioritizing tasks and maintaining deadlines
- A team member who positively contributes to our award winning workplace culture
- Experience with Content Management Systems and Marketing Software Automation tools a plus
- Proficiency with G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Gmail, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Here's what you'll get
- A full-time position with market competitive pay
- Casual work environment
- Strong work/life balance
- Flexibility around personal & family needs
- Paid parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Health and Dental plans with company sharing premiums
- 401K program
Here's a bit more about us:
CI Design is a creative marketing agency with a unique approach driven by story, strategy, and activation. Our services include Branding, Digital Marketing, Development and Video. Our headquarters is in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward, and we’ve been named a Best Place to Work in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
CI Design is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Here's where to send your resume, portfolio and/or samples:
Please note: This position is technically on site (in the Milwaukee area), but CID is currently a highly productive remote office due to COVID-19.