As an Account Executive at CI Design, you'll be responsible for communicating with clients, reviewing and composing correspondence, facilitating requests, and being the liaison between sales and other team members within CID. This role requires someone who can let their outgoing personality shine, being a “connector” both internally and with prospects and clients.
Our ideal candidate is able to consistently be two steps ahead: Extreme organizational skills, willingness to learn, and strategic planning abilities. You should enjoy taking initiative and streamlining processes whenever possible. Similarly, you should be comfortable being flexible and changing priorities regularly. All in all, you should always strive to exceed client expectations and continuously foster new and existing relationships.
Objectives of this Role
- Assist salespeople in executing sales approach and strategy
- Assist salespeople in building and maintaining lasting relationships with clients and partners by understanding and anticipating focus and needs, coordinating touchpoints, and traveling with salespeople to conduct face-to-face meetings
- Maintain accurate records of all leads, customer accounts, and sales within the CRM
- Identify growth opportunities for clients by recognizing needs or gaps
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external senior-level management to understand customer needs, maximize retention and growth, and communicate learnings
- Support and solve problems for clients by understanding and exceeding their expectations
- Serve as day-to-day contact for assigned accounts, following up regularly with clients to build trust and rapport, ensuring the client’s needs are being met, and identifying/exploring areas of opportunities.
- Participate in brainstorming, office activities, staff meetings, and client meetings
- Collaborate, problem solve, offer analytical insight, and/or strategize upcoming client meetings with team members Research and assist with program development and execution of marketing campaign for existing clients and new prospects
- Compile and analyze data to identify trends and Illustrate the value of products and services to existing clients and new prospects
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources
- Perform prospecting activities, market research, and competitor monitoring
- Maintain a database of clients, prospects, partners, and vendors
- Manage sales cycle to close new business in all service categories and achieve sales goals.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline (communications, marketing, sales, account management, or customer relations)
- Ability to manage multiple accounts while prospecting new opportunities
- Ability to understand client needs
- Proficiency in G-Suite, Microsoft Office, and CRM software (HubSpot experience preferred), with aptitude to learn systems and processes
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and prospects
- Active team player, self-starter, and multitasker who can quickly adjust priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication, strategic planning, and project management skills
- Strong proposal writing skills. Please share examples.
- Preferred Web App development experience
- Previous agency experience is required
This is a full-time, salaried position.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Challenging, innovative, and authentic work environment
- Remote and Hybrid workplace options with cool workspace in the city’s Third Ward
- Casual environment with relaxed dress code
- Work/life management — when we say “no churn and burn,” we mean it
- Space for personal and family life
- Summer hours
- Work with modern technology and toys
- Fun, collaborative and aspirational teammates
- A-list clients and challenging projects
- Quarterly career development/goal planning and a voice in defining your role
- Room for your unique talents and creative input
- Position "leveling-up" in lock-step with demonstrated skills
- Paid time off for DEI activities/reflection/celebration
- Community outreach opportunities
- A four-time, award-winning Best Place to Work employer
- And, all the things:
- Profit Bonus
- Paid Parental Leave (primary and secondary)
- Paid holidays (~9) and universal time off
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance with company share of premiums
- Short term disability and Life insurance
- Well-being program
- Paid parking
- Zoo pass access
Here’s a bit more about us:
CI Design is a creative marketing & technology agency with a unique approach driven by story, strategy, and activation. Our services include Branding, Digital Marketing, Web/App/AR/VR software development, and Video. Our headquarters is in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward, and we’ve been named a Best Place to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
CI Design is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send your resume and any applicable work samples like proposals or presentations (feel free to mask any sensitive information such as client names or budgets) to email@example.com.